Kurtatsch

Kurtatsch Penóner Pinot Grigio 2018 | Alto Adige DOC

£21.48

In stock

LIMITED OFFER: Free delivery to Mainland UK on all orders

Very complex oak-aged Pinot Grigio from the Dolomite Alps with flavours of jasmine, dried orange peel and almonds

Penóner greets you with a refined fragrance of white flowers and wet stone. But, thanks to ageing in French oak, this is complemented by delicate and complex aromas of dried apricots, dried orange peel and almonds. The Pinot Grigio grapes come from Penón – a vineyard planted in the Alps at the altitude of 600 metres above sea level. The cool mountain nights and winds from Lake Garda preserve the natural acid to create a refreshing and elegant taste. The soil in the vineyard is mostly sand, gravel and porous Dolomite rocks, which lends crisp minerality.

Winemaking: 80% of the wine is fermented in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature. The other 20% is fermented in old 225-litre French barriques, adding notes of dried apricots and citrus. Malolactic fermentation is interrupted in order to preserve the zingy acidity and avoid buttery undertones. The wine is aged in large 2000-litre second-use oak barrels for twelve months to develop its complex aromas.

Tasting notes: Lemon colour of medium intensity. When you open the wine, it offers fresh aromas of jasmine and elderflower. If you let it breathe, the flavours of lemon zest, almonds, dried orange peel and apricot stone will eventually take over. The wine is very refreshing thanks to its high acidity. It has a medium body and a high level of alcohol. Penóner has a complex taste of fresh and dried citrus fruits, almonds and apricots.

Wine Geek’s verdict: There’s a lot going on in this Pinot Grigio. This wine is very interesting even now, and I think it will become even more complex after a few years in the cellar. As Pinot Grigio is a refined and delicate wine, rather than pronounced, it will always be ideal for food pairing.

Awards: Gambero Rosso – 2 red glasses (final tasting) | James Suckling – 92 pts | Wine Enthusiast – 91 pts | Robert Parker – 92 pts 

Winemaker

Geographical Indication

Grape

Vintage

2018

ABV

14%

Style

Still Dry White Wine

SKU: STW-PNG-IT-KTS-2018-01 Categories: , , ,
Delivery & Returns

Summary of our Delivery Terms:

We are passionate about premium wine. We do our best to deliver it to your door as quickly as possible, and in most cases this means next day. Below is a short summary of our delivery terms, for full details please visit our Wine Delivery and Returns page.

  • 100% recyclable packaging (paper and cardboard) – no plastic
  • Free next business day delivery to the mainland UK
  • We deliver to Europe and the USA - contact for quote
  • Orders placed by 4PM will be dispatched same day, and orders made after 4PM will be sent the next business day
  • You need to be over 18 years of age to buy or receive wine
  • UPDATE: While our couriers make the absolute majority of deliveries next business day, new government restrictions mean that they are under a lot of pressure. As a result, some deliveries may be delayed. Please understand that the couriers are doing their best, and kindly allow more time for deliveries.