About this wine
Viognier (pronounced “vee-own-yay”) is a full-bodied white wine that originated in southern France. This Argentinian viognier from Atamisque won a number of awards due to its remarkable quality.
In Argentina, high altitude is a key indicator of quality. Grapes for this wine were hand-harvested in a vineyard located in San Jose, Mendoza, at 1,300 metres above sea level. Dry alluvial soil with rock foundation and top layers of sand-textured earth is precision-fed with water using a drip irrigation system.
The premium quality of this wine is achieved with a meticulous production method:
- Grapes are picked by hand at the end of March in 18kg cases.
- Whole bunches are pressed at cool temperature.
- Flow by gravity, without using pumps.
- Fermentation takes 22 days in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks.
Appearance: Enchanting golden yellow in the glass.
Nose: Pronounced aromas of peach, lilies, green apple, honey.
Palate: the wine is dry, with a balanced acidity and medium body, with an excellent lively taste.
Spices: spicy flavors and Asian cuisine
Meat: Roasted or grilled chicken, chicken curry
Vegetables: Leeks, Fennel, Green Olives, Capers, Cauliflower, Butternut Squash, Pumpkin
Ranking & Awards
- Wine Spectator, 87 pts. (2010 vintage)
- Descorchados, 92 pts. (2013 vintage)
- Descorchados, 91 pts. (2015 vintage)
- 92 / 100 JamesSuckling.com (2013 vintage)