About this wine
Crios is the cutting edge brand by Susana Balbo, perhaps Argentina’s most innovative winemaker.
From the very beginning, Susana decided to experiment with Torrontés, which was a very traditional grape for Argentina. She decided to break the rules and turn it into fine wine – and her very first harvest was a success.
Susana created a premium style of Torrontés distinguished by its elegant notes of white flowers, pear and ripe peach. This work brought her international recognition, and Bronze Medal at Argentina Wine Awards in 2015. The 2018 vintage we present here received a glowing 91/100 from James Suckling.
Beautiful pale green-yellow. On the nose, it is floral, youthful and fresh. On the palate, it has a beautiful structure and a great minerality with tangy acidity and notes of fresh grape.
“A bright and fresh white with sliced apples, lemon rind and salt. Medium body, dry and bright acidity and a clean and crisp finish. Drink now.” 91/100 JamesSuckling.com
Smoked meats, medium cheese, fish, crab, sushi.
Ranking & Awards
- 91 / 100, Tim Atkin, Argentina Special Report 2019 (2018 vintage)
- 92 / 100, James Suckling, Argentina Pushes the Limits, March 2018 (2017 vintage)
- 90 / 100, Descorchados 2018, Best Torrontés (2017 vintage)
- 91 / 100, James Suckling, The Many, Diverse Wonders of Argentina, June 2017 (2016 vintage)
- 90 / 100 Tim Atkin ARGENTINA 2016 Special Report (2015 vintage)
- 90+ / 100 Luis Gutierrez, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate (2015 vintage)
- Bronze Medal, Argentina Wine Awards 2015 (2014 vintage)